cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will O2 have to honour a free cancellation?

BrookeAS94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so hang tight 

I have been having a lot of trouble with O2 since I started with them last September. 
They charged me for an Apple Watch that they delivered that I refused. Took 2 months for them to cancel it in April. 
Fast forward, I have O2 switch up and as they suddenly closed the only local store I went through an upgrade online just for them to say the system doesn’t work to do the switch up. 8 advisors later, I get a text saying sorry to see your leaving. It’s £0.00 as of today to cancel. 
I go on to live chat and ask numerous times if my specific number has any type of fee attached to it if I cancel even tho I’m in the middle of a contract. The advisor, in writing, says there is no fee as it’s out of contract. I take my PAC, go to EE, use it. I thank the advisor who then says it’s £1000 fee as it’s an active contract. I say for the last 10 minutes you’ve told me numerous times it’s free to cancel, and they’ve put the cancellation in. They were looking at the Apple Watch that is on my account. 

question is now, I’m going to get a £1000 bill even tho I asked numerous, NUMEROUS TIMES JN WRITING AND RECEIVED TEXTS TO ALSO CONFIRM that there isn’t a fee. Will they have to honour it? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@BrookeAS94 

Technically the early termination fee is due, and they can put it down to human error as the agent told you albeit at the end that there is an Early Termination Fee, and unfortunately if you logged into myo2 it would have given you the ETF..

You can try putting in a complaint but you wont hear anything for 8 weeks at worst, and o2 will hound you to pay up...  as at the moment its a he said you said situation... 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

BrookeAS94
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it human error if 3 separate advisors confirmed I was out of contract? I was put through to a manager who said they’ll raise it with complaints. I said I know that means you won’t do anything and leave me with the bill as I raised a complaint in April and still haven’t heard anything. Then they suddenly had technical issues and put me through to someone else. I’m so over it no one helps 

Message 3 of 6

BrookeAS94
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also when I used my PAC code that also confirmed its £0.00 using the number that’s connected to my contract  

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@BrookeAS94 

As you know we are all customers on here, so we can only go on the information provided, so you will have go through the complaints process. there is nothing anyone on here can do to help..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

If you have already raised a formal complaint in April @BrookeAS94 and have heard nothing, you can escalate it to the Ombudsman :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer. 

However, did you raise the complaint yourself or are you suggesting that you left it to an O2 manager to complain on your behalf ? If it's the latter and you have heard nothing further, do you have any evidence - an acknowledgement maybe - to confirm that the complaint was ever submitted ?   

Message 6 of 6