Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling disappeared

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today came the Official Update to Android 11 on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. How sad and surprised I was that after the update the WiFi Calling function disappeared !!! On Android 10 it was and after the upgrade to Android 11 it disappeared !! О2 UK please check it !!!

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Sounds like it could be a network error @geordiechris72 

The O2 wifi server does go down occasionally.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

4G Calling yes, WiFi Calling still NO!

Message 12 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Life Hack

Restart my phone without simcard after restart put back my simcard and wifi calling came back!!!

More info

Message 13 of 18

TJ4467
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem with VoWifi disappearing after android 11 and One UI 3.0 update. This solution worked for me too. Thanks.

Message 14 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no friends, something is wrong with WiFi Calling on Android 11 !!! Every 2-5 days, this function disappears, until you pull out the SIM card and restart the phone, it does not appear !!!

alertalertalert

Message 15 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@BigDaddyUK 

Samsung are aware of the issue with it disappearing and will hopefully push out a fix for it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A new update has been released, the problem remains ... slight_smile I hope it will be fixed soon ...

Message 17 of 18

Newstead
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem. O2 Sim in Samsung S20 purchased direct from Samsung. Not O2 firmware. Need to switch off, remove SIM, switch on and then reinsert SIM. Then Wifi Setting button returns although in off position. Switch on and all well until next restart.

There are others in the same position on the Samsung Community forum. All O2 customers indicating that perhaps there is an issue with the SIM IMEI not being recognised for wifi calling at restart by O2. Some have had success by removing the SD card and using the Hybrid SIM slot for the O2 SIM card. Not a good solution but indicates the problem may well be with O2 not recognising SIM 1 IMEI for wifi calling?

Confusingly one other user in the Samsung Forum, in the same position as me, has not had this problem since the January update whereas mine continues.

Since it's only O2 I can't imaging Samsung dealing with this without O2 doing something to create or prompt a solution.

Message 18 of 18