cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I no longer email O2 with a problem from their new website?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed due to the new layout I can no longer send emails to o2 with enquiries. I called them up to ask about it and each person I spoke to shrugged their shoulders and said they dont know where its gone. 

If O2 have decided to pull the plug on receiving emails via their website at least have the decency to tell your staff. 

If the function is still there, then where? Its driving me mad. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

To the OP, the email address is still on the main site you just have to look for it. Email takes at least 24 hours for a reply so no O2 would rather use Live systems that can fix 99% of issues. 

Have you tried to search for your problem using the search section in the top right corner or asked the forum if they have an answer?

Now you have it you can save the link and not have to 'arse' around.

Well done for Jonsie putting it in there signature.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I "guess" they would prefer customers to either call or use the live chat facility. 

Often when a company receives and email from a customer it doesn't give all the information needed to answer the enquire. So the company ends up sending the customer an email to get more info before they can reply to the enquire.

Also as email isn't answered instantly often a customer gets tired of waiting and calls the company to ask their question. Then the email gets answered so the company ends up dealing with the same enquire twice.

There are times when a reply by email is better for the customer but not for the supplier. 

Alex

Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the opinions and responses guys. 

But if you are like me where you cant be bothered to wait for a realtime reply the email service was perfect. I used to ping them an email for example "Tell me how much data i have used for jan feb and march" - i would wait a day or two and receive the response. it was perfect. The same service is great with banks too, its saves all the stress of queuing and waiting if you dont necesarily need an instant answer.

O2 if your reading, ADD YOUR EMAIL CHANNEL BACK INTO YOUR CONTACT US SECTION

If this was discontinued as a business decision please inform your customer service reps of the changes you make. 

Message 13 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can check with MyO2, by text message or the O2 app, I can't see another method is needed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was probably removed/hidden so that it was used for its correct purpose and not to answer trivial questions like how much of my allowance is left?

Message 15 of 23

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It was probably removed/hidden so that it was used for its correct purpose and not to answer trivial questions like how much of my allowance is left?

I don't see how that could have worked because you would have to pass security, I don't think there has ever been a service like that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
On every page of the O2 website there is a "contact us" link. It gives you some FAQ answers (self help), directs you to live chat (instant help) or telephone (instant help), facebook and twitter links (instant help) or an address to write to (not instant help).

Email contact is not instant help, and is quite an outdated contact method. That's probably why it was removed.
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but what of you are abroad ???? I tried to phone the free helpline and a) was charged and b) she couldn't help as I was obviously using the handset I was having problems with and she wouldn't call me back on my landline to talk me though it  so an email address would have been a soluWhere where I could clearly put in writing my problems.

FAQ in my experience are never detailed enough and at the help forums you never seem to get a sensible answer. And also when I am in the UK its a 50/50 chance you get knowledgable help on the helpline anyway. 

Message 18 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

FAQ in my experience are never detailed enough and at the help forums you never seem to get a sensible answer.

We'll have to remember that next time you have a problem! Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 23