cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I no longer email O2 with a problem from their new website?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed due to the new layout I can no longer send emails to o2 with enquiries. I called them up to ask about it and each person I spoke to shrugged their shoulders and said they dont know where its gone. 

If O2 have decided to pull the plug on receiving emails via their website at least have the decency to tell your staff. 

If the function is still there, then where? Its driving me mad. 

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I "guess" they would prefer customers to either call or use the live chat facility. 

Often when a company receives and email from a customer it doesn't give all the information needed to answer the enquire. So the company ends up sending the customer an email to get more info before they can reply to the enquire.

Also as email isn't answered instantly often a customer gets tired of waiting and calls the company to ask their question. Then the email gets answered so the company ends up dealing with the same enquire twice.

There are times when a reply by email is better for the customer but not for the supplier. 

Alex

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate that, but why is it no longer on the main site, I dont want to have to arse about everytime i have a query and log in to this community thing and look for a reply so i can go to their signature, its bloody backwards

What on earth are they thinking?

I assume its deliberate to make it harder for ppl so they get less volumes, would i be close?

Message 3 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Perhaps you should ask O2, most problems are I imagine best dealt with on a personal basis and for security reasons.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mate, If you read my initial post thats the whole point, I contacted o2 3 times, spoke to 3 very friendly agents, but all three said "I dont know" and wouldnt offer me a further explanation, they couldnt even tell me if O2 have stopped the service and gave me an email address.

The sole reason I joined this community was to get some answers which customer services failed to do. 

Message 5 of 23

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Why should we know any more than they do?

You asked for the link and were given it, I don't know what more you expect!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Perksie, am I missing something here?

What is the purpose of this forum? because I clicked on

"Get help with products or services"

"Pay monthly and pay & go"

To which I posted this post, expecting someone to know. 

Have I got the purpose of this forum all wrong?

Message 7 of 23

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You haven't asked a question yet that is about either.

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

"You asked for the link and were given it, I don't know what more you expect!"

Hi bud, your missing my point, i was given the link by a gentleman in this forum. If I didnt join this forum I wouldnt have been ablke to mail them. Now evertime I want to mail o2 it means I have to log into my account and then open this comminity thing and log in again and trapse through the posts and look for that guys email sig and click the link. That from a customer perspective is not a good service. 

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

ITs a service

Im a pay monthly customer

what planet you on kid

Message 10 of 23