cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the love for long term loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i've been a loyal o2 customer for over 8 years now.  

My o2 contract is due for renewal on the 12th of this month (November 2012) so I thought I would contact an advisor through the chat system to see what offers/discounts o2 could give me against an iPhone 5.

I got nowhere!  The advisors excuse was that all payment plans are pre-set and that there is no leway for change, the advisor couldn't even move my upgrade date forward by two weeks!!

It seems that o2 are happy to make us fork out hundreds of pounds purchasing a handset year after year and then hundreds more on monthly contracts (on average £40 per month @ £480 per year) to run them but they are not prepared to give anything back, not even 2 weeks advance on an upgrade!

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Orange have activated 4G and so o2 sales will be effected.  

I think it may be prudent to wait until my contract has finished, then move over to Orange!

thoughts?!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok, well respectfully ill disagree with your points.

However my main question is.

Can I do everything I want to from my mobile to run my business?

Why yes I can. Enough data for emails, spreadsheets, invoices and so on.

Enough calls to connect with new and existing clients over the phone. To have meetings over the phone with staff.

Enough txts for anything is actually need them for.

And on top of that, there's enough left over for personal use.

Now I'm more than happy to pay more money for a plan like that. I have only once recieved a problematic conversation with CS. (Lucky I know)

I just can't see why everyone wants somthing for nothing:( if you want somthing go and work your arse off for it:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 31 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you want something badly, earn it yourself. they may lose existing customers but there will be loads new waiting to take your place. its a win/win situation for 02

Message 32 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. got 2 contracts and home phone with broadband. Phoned up retentions to get a deal on a iphone 4s and was told that all iphone's were being sent out by CPW and i wouldnt get any deals on that no discount or extra minutes. I was like i want the same contract as before 600 mins extra 200 mins unltd text and 500mb data for £32 and iphone 4s for 239.00 for 12 mths and was told that that was not possiable. I mean why would O2 go to CPW to upgrade O2 contacts. Also noticing that customer service seems to be rude and not willing  to listen. 

Thinking of cancelling all contracts and going with another network. Few aspects i liked about o2 was that i dont have to pay a charge for non dd and uk customer service. Seems like they dont want customers. 

Sort it out O2. you can do better but you dont want to.

Message 33 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 can not do better. This is the best they have.
Moving elsewhere is your only option.

I don't want anything for nothing, I want what I pay for, this isn't forthcoming from o2 right now in my case. So I'm off ..... Ta ta o2.
Message 34 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93934 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Hope your new network is everything you want it to be. Please post back and let us know how you fare with it.

Message 35 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guarantee he will rejoin O2 as I expect he will find that each network has its own faults & imperfections, not just o2

Message 36 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i know every network has faults. ive worked for EE and cpw. thats why i have stuck with O2. otherwise i would have left long time ago.

Message 37 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

been around the block then

Message 38 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I find interesting is that O2 aren't able to beat or even match deals that other wholesale sellers are offering on O2 contracts. E.g. CPW will be able to offer you the handset you want and the tariff you want whilst costing less or at least no more than it would cost to buy directly via O2 and, in some cases, O2 don't even offer themselves.

I know that one reason for this could be ensuring fair competition. As a company they have to make sure there is fair competition by discounting plans etc and increasing variety. You have to admit though that it's odd that they basically undercut themselves and appear incapable of rewarding customer loyalty with anything even approaching meaningful.

I have been a Pay Monthly customer for 2.5 years and requested my PAC the other day. I'm going SIM only on Tesco Mobile. I'll be paying £7.50 per month, and the closest SIM only deal with O2 in terms of included allowances is £15 odd. Now, keep in mind that Tesco's virtual network front uses the O2 infrastructure. In effect, Tesco are offering the customer the same coverage and service for less than half the price that O2 are. There's competition and there's downright ridiculous. I've been trialling the Tesco service for over a month and its indistinguishable from O2. If O2 could match it I'd happily stay with them, or even say £10 per month. But they can't come close. So they lose a customer in me who then goes on to pay someone else far less money to use the same service.

Great for me if I'm happy with the deal - but surely it doesn't make a lot of sense?

Message 39 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You might find they make more money from allowing companies to sell phones on their networks.

Or from rental of their network to companies like giff gaff or tescos.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 40 of 71