cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use my PAC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm after some help for my tiny, confused brain...

My O2 contract ends on 8 June. I am switching providers.

My PAC is valid until 5 July.

30 days notice is also 5 July.

Current billing period is 2 June - 1 July.

Payment for this billing period will be collected on 16 June.

In order to not pay twice (to O2 and to new provider), when would be the best time to use my PAC and start using the other provider?

If I use my PAC on (eg) 29 June, will I then have to make a pro-rata final bill to O2, for 1-5 July due to the 30 day notice period?

Or am I completely confused?!

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks,

Claire

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
I would use the PAC after the 16th June as then you will limit the amount that O2 will bill you for in the next bill period. Any money paid will be refunded as you will be billed for a month in advance which you won't be using and as you are out of contract there is no cancellation fee to pay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Give your PAC to your new provider. That will start the process of ending your contract with O2. There's bound to be an overlap. Don't cancel your direct debit with O2 until you get a final bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Bambino.

I realise there will be some overlap, I'd just like to know if I can reduce it, really.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
I would use the PAC after the 16th June as then you will limit the amount that O2 will bill you for in the next bill period. Any money paid will be refunded as you will be billed for a month in advance which you won't be using and as you are out of contract there is no cancellation fee to pay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4