Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats app usage on O2

Mudgie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought that Whats app was free to use,however when I use mine I have to have the mobile data on,it does not work from WiFi only,and so this uses up almost all of my inclusive data,other firends advise they dont pay anything,is it just down to which ever mobile supplier you have or am I doing something wrong,as you can guess my mobile phone knowledge is scant,would appreciate an easily understandable answer (for me) 

many thanks

MudgieBananas

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Mudgie

No whatsapp data comes out of your data allowance, the only provider i know of who offer WhatsApp for free is Voxi

WhatsApp should be accessible over WiFi, i would check the app settings from within the App
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Mudgie

No whatsapp data comes out of your data allowance, the only provider i know of who offer WhatsApp for free is Voxi

WhatsApp should be accessible over WiFi, i would check the app settings from within the App
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Mudgie1
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your reply, can I be cheeky and ask what I should be looking for,possible  re setting or adjusting, I dont have a clue what I need to do,thank you for your time.

Message 3 of 3