cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web and text Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using 02 web and text tariff for the last 5 days. I'm happy with the app, website etc., but am still torn between using giff gaff or 02.

At the moment I am siding with 02 because of the following two reasons, can anyone confirm I am correct about this before I fully decide:

1. I make very few phonecalls except for using Skype (hence this tariff). I am assuming if I top up with £10.00, when my data runs out at the end of every 4 weeks, if I top up with another £10.00 I will then have £20.00 credit (assuming I made no phone calls). In effect, what I intend on doing is using up my credit with data (£1.00 max per day) when I have too much credit in my account, and not top up until the credit is lower. Is this fine?

2. Am I correct that I am automatically opted into 02 travel and will therefore pay £1.99 per day when I use data when I travel to Greece? Assuming this is correct does this include Skype calls?

These are the main reasons for not using giff gaff, as I like the idea I can use my credit on data if I end up with too much (through making no or very little phone calls). I also like the idea of the maximum charge of £1.99 when I visit Europe.

If anyone can confirm the above I'd be really grateful.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144394 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, with text & web your credit stays on the phone so you can build it up to use it as you like. Also correct that Skype will use data (or wifi) when abroad. I'd just check by calling 4445 that you have Travel activated before you leave the UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144394 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, with text & web your credit stays on the phone so you can build it up to use it as you like. Also correct that Skype will use data (or wifi) when abroad. I'd just check by calling 4445 that you have Travel activated before you leave the UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

remembering that it is only 25mb for £1.99

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only draw to GiffGaff for me is £12 goodybag with Unlimited Internet and texts with 250 minutes.

It's the unlimited Internet that attracts my eye.

I refuse to be locked into a contract but I so wish 02 would introduce a 2Gb data package in their payg tariffs.

Right now I occasionally use the £10 bolt on.

Message 4 of 4