Did you mean: 

Volunteer for NHS & Have Blue Light Card but O2 will not honor this

Phil1011
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am a volunteer for the NHS and have been advised that I am eligable for the discount. I have a blue light card which also advises that I am eligable for discount. 

When I contact O2 I am not able to provide a payslip or NHS email as I am a volunteer. When I call O2 they say that I am not eligable. 

Has anyone had any luck with this? 

I volunteer to help the ambulance service by arriving before the ambulance to provide support just to clarify

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Phil1011 

The only ways we know are listed here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

The only other possibility is to call customer service to add it manually Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support or use one of the other schemes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Phil1011
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for this but it does not work. Blue Light are recognised and I am provided with a unique code, however O2 are not willing to honor or input this.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Phil1011 

This is a community forum of customers like yourself.

Unfortunately we cannot influence O2's decisions. 

I'd try calling again as you often get different answers from different employees but other than that, we can't offer you anything else, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Phil1011 how are you doing today?

Sorry to hear you were having trouble with your discount earlier. 😞 Did you get anything sorted with customer service since you last posted?

Message 5 of 5