Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victim of 40% off plan scam

1122_TV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Advice is appreciated here please? I have been a victim of the 40%off your plan scam. I stupidly took a call from someone claiming to be from O2 and that's when it all started. I now have apple watch, insurance and a £5 extra synced to my mobile plan. I reported it to O2 and they said they will canceled the order, however it still went through as I got notification that thr watch will be sent to me in the 21 Nov, then minutes later I got another message to say it will be delivered on the 28 and then another saying 'thr ci signment has been return to supplier'- which I found strange. Reported it again to O2 and they apologies they couldn't stop it on time. How frustrating... now I don't knownif its been returned to O2 or not and whether I will be billed for the watch and extras on top of my actual mobile plan. I have canceled my DD with bank and informed O2 that I will pay for my actual.plan manually and I have also reported it to action fraud. I'm worried now that I will be billed for the watch and extras which I didn't take out and in the long run cos I won't be paying for it it will effect my credit scoring. Will this be the case? Can I not just pay the outstanding about on my actual phone plan and close my account and leave O2 or would this unwanted apple watch haunt plme for life until its been paid off and O2 decides to close the account 'ONCE INVESTIGSTED BY THE FRAUD TEAM' which apprently were meant to call me in 5 days. Please help and advise as I suffer from anxiety and this whole situation is not helping my mental health. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Maybe @O2Sarah- can check for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@1122_TV I will send you a private message so we can check on this for you

Message 3 of 13

1122_TV
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would really appreciate that thank you. Where would I check for the private message please I'm.new to all this community forums. And thank you MI5 for pointing me to O2Sarah. Look forward to hearing from you. 

Message 4 of 13

1122_TV
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 13

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11229 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi there: @1122_TV 

the private message is on the blue strip top of page where it says

O2       then right hand side :   Shop Help MYO2 Bell shape and an envelope (the envelope is the private message section and will show a number when the message is in, click on it)

Hope this helps

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 13

1122_TV
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees, very helpful. I was using my app so i couldn't see the envelope but now on laptop so can view it.

You're help is much appreciated. 

Message 7 of 13

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11229 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi there @1122_TV 

Excellent I hope all is sorted out for you soon. 

Stay Safe Lots of best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 13

1122_TV
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i previously posted and i got some advise and assistance which has been great so far, however i have tried to private message at O2Sarah but no response not sure if they are on leave etc or i have been irritating her them (apologies if i have).... 

But i need further advice as i am at breaking point now and my anxiety is starting to kick in and triggering my mental health. 

So scammers have taken out a apple watch and device plan on my O2 account, and after the help of O2Sarah the airtime and the watch has been disconnected. However the device plan for the watch hasn't and now O2 are sending me missed payment emails and threating to disconnect me if i don't pay £852. This is outrageous. It is now showing on y credit report as i have taken out another loan which i have reported, but i am assuming this will eventually effect my credit score cos i refuse to pay the money for the apple watch that i did not authroised to take out. 

I don't know what to do now, because i can be disconnected any day now even though i have been paying for my airtime and device plan for my mobile phone.

I want to leave O2 by paying the outstanding balance of my airtime plan and device plan for my phone, but i know i will be haunted with the fraudulent activity of the apple watch and O2 will be continue to chase me for payment of this Damn watch.  While i will be waiting for the fraud time to continue with their investigation and complete the case if ever. 

Please advise- this is so frustrating, not sure if i should pay the £852 that i don't have and that i should have to pay to stay connected and have a good credit report and continue to wait for the fraud team to do what they have to do, or continue to pay for the product that i have authorised which is my phone. 

I know if i pay the £852 i will be at risk, by 1- when the Fraud Team confirms that it i have been made a victim of fraud that its gonna take me another lengthy time to get my money paid back to me. If i don't pay it i will therefore be also be a victim of threating letters/emails from O2 that i owe them this money. 

I am stuck i don't know what do anymore, i am in tears and i don't have this sort of money to throw away like that. 

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Message 9 of 13

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Sarah- isn't on today so I'll ask @O2nath_ci or @O2Emma to take a look at this for you, @1122_TV.

Message 10 of 13