Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoices

KJD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have phoned your Customer Services on many occasions requesting a VAT invoice for both my Airtime Bill and my Device Plan.

Each time I am told that they “promise” to sort it out for me and send regular VAT invoices (which never arrive)!

I have even agreed to pay for paper billing, but I still do not get regular VAT invoices.

How difficult is it for you to provide invoices for both in your website!

This is causing problems for every self employed person who has an O2 phone.

It must be a legal requirement for O2 to provide VAT invoices for everyone?

I see that the O2 community is full of people with the same problem and I think you owe it to everyone to get this sorted out ASAP.

Regards

Kevin Dodd

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @KJD 

Jusst to clarify, this isn't O2 you are talking to, it's a community forum.

However, this is what we have been told previously by O2

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

This is their stance on Vat invoicing.

I know it's not what you want to hear but it's an O2 policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @KJD 

Jusst to clarify, this isn't O2 you are talking to, it's a community forum.

However, this is what we have been told previously by O2

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

This is their stance on Vat invoicing.

I know it's not what you want to hear but it's an O2 policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

KJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I ask O2 "Which part of VAT legislation (Name of Act + year + section number please) states that they are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices"?
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@KJD As @Cleoriff has said, this is a customer community. We have no access to account information. You need to take this up again with customer service. If you're unhappy with the response you receive you can lodge a formal complaint. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain We have been told the Resolver link within the complaints link produces good results.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I assume if you had a business account with O2, as you should if running g a business, you would get a vat invoice?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

The Device Plan component is a Credit Agreement.

The Airtime component does qualify and Vat Invoicing has to be turned on by calling Customer Services and requesting it be turned on on your MyO2 account.

Persistence, and phone early, ca 08:30am weekdays, required. And a following wind. 😁 Good luck, @KJD  

Message 6 of 10

KJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Device Plan certainly does include VAT. Ask HMRC or any Accountant.

And, I've requested paper billing for the Airtime Bill many times from Customer Service, only for them to promise to send them – and then not!

See other people's comments in the Community!

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@KJD 

I don't think anyone here is denying the frustration of actually getting Vat Invoicing 'turned on'

I am simply stating in my post, O2's official stance on VAT. That it's only available on airtime .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions
I have been one of those people, @KJD, several times.

Take a look, replies re VAT on Refresh consolidated here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Legacy-bits-of-O2-website-http-mmsi2legacy-o2...

I gave up, once I got Airtime VAT Invoices covered... Device Plan had a credit agreement and an annual statement showing payment history until it was paid off.

As far as HMRC, well, what O2 put in their VAT bill, once turned on, was what I used.

Message 9 of 10

KJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not even getting an invoice for the Airtime Bill though!

They send it one month, then don't bother the next. I shouldn't have to get on the phone every month for an invoice?

Why don't they make it available online?

I've requested this but without any success.

Self employed people shouldn't be forced to open business accounts (and pay more), when Vodafone always provide VAT invoices for all their customers?

Message 10 of 10