Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a mobile WiFi hotspot with shared data

Matnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit of an odd one, but maybe someone else has managed it. 

I've got a pretty decent data allowance on my phone, but my office has no wifi connection. I'm using my phone as a remote hotspot when I'm here, but when I need to remote in, or if my phone has low battery, I can lose connection altogether. 

I don't really want to spend £30 a month on my phone, and another £30 a month on a router (on top of broadband etc) so I was thinking of sharing my data across two o2 SIMs, and grabbing a mobile hotspot that I can just leave here. 

Has anyone else done something similar? Having two devices, with two SIM cards, and one data shared account? I'm struggling to find an option to just get a second SIM that I can attach (again, I don't want to take out a new monthly contract; I'm trying to share my data across two devices). 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Matnik See if this link is of any help to you: https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Matnik See if this link is of any help to you: https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Matnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for this! It looks like the right way to go about it - the problem I have is I'm not on a Refresh contract as I bought this phone through a reseller. Made a note at the end of this contract to cancel, get a Refresh contract, and get it all through the same order.
Message 3 of 3