cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading phone while on contract - please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello o2

I currently have Samsung Galaxy S2 since 26th October 2011. I'am on 24 month contract with O2 so i still have about half a year left of this contract. However, I have seen the new Samsung Galaxy S4 coming out in April/May and I am wondering if there is a chance of changing the S2 into S4 ? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you pay off the remainder of your current contract you can take the upgrade or just buy a sim free S4 and put your sim in it. Obviously you will need a micro sim but your contract can be switched over in store to do this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you pay off the remainder of your current contract you can take the upgrade or just buy a sim free S4 and put your sim in it. Obviously you will need a micro sim but your contract can be switched over in store to do this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You would have to pay off the remainder of your contract to upgrade to the S4. However your best option would be to sell the S2 and purchase the S4 simfree and carry on with your present contract.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Close enough wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok then, thats helpful. Ill go to my O2 store and get it sorted. Thanks alot
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good choice of phone. Should be available in stores from the 26th April....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7