Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Mjc66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all. Currently an O2 customer with a contract that ends in March this year. Was looking into an upgrade but can get the same phone for a much better price through a third party but still on O2 network. Would my current SIM card still work if I paid off my current contract to take another O2 contract but through a third party? 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Mjc66 

No, you will need to use the new sim and call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Mjc66 

No, you will need to use the new sim and call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Mjc66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Many thanks for your reply so I would simply pay off the balance of the current contract and cancel it, take out the new one and swap my number over? 

Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

No @Mjc66 

You pay off what you owe on your current phone.

Then ask o2 to migrate your current phone number over to your new contract.

Do not ask to cancel anything as that COULD result in you losing your current number.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Mjc66 wrote:

@MI5 Many thanks for your reply so I would simply pay off the balance of the current contract and cancel it, take out the new one and swap my number over? 

Yes, that's the process @Mjc66 

When you ask O2 to migrate your number it will cancel the old contract automatically, so don't manually cancel the old contract as you may lose your number.

Message 5 of 7

Mjc66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great thanks for your help guys 😀

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Welcome

Message 7 of 7