Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Help

Matty1878
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a current o2 contact which I took out with CPW a few years ago. I’ve never missed payments etc and the contract is in my name. I was due for a upgrade in September 2017.

Question 1:
Can I go directly to a o2 shop and upgrade keeping my current number and contract as it was originally taken out with Carphone Warehouse?

Question 2:
I’m currently applying for a mortgage and don’t want to ruin my credit rating for the sake of upgrading my phone? Do they perform a credit check/search when you upgrade your phone?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

1. Yes you can upgrade anywhere.
2. They don’t t do credit checks for upgrades.

Best wishes. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

1. Yes you can upgrade anywhere.
2. They don’t t do credit checks for upgrades.

Best wishes. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Matty1878
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Perfect thanks MI5 , I saw your very active and was waiting for your response! I’m not on a o2 refresh obviously because I Took the contact out through CPW , if I went to the o2 shop and went on a refresh contract keeping the same number would they credit check me then? Or is there no credit checks at all when upgrading?

Many thanks
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No checks at all for upgrading except to send a text to your current phone to prove it's you and you'll need to know the answer to your security question.
They may also ask to see your drivers licence or passport to prove your identity, but that doesn't have any effect on your credit file.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4