cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unpaid' bill, but I've paid it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can give me any advice.

I tried to pay my bill online the other day, the first payment timed out and a message popped up basically telling me not to make the payment again incase the payment had gone through, (my bill in is two parts because I'm on the refresh plan). I paid the second part of my bill (£13.00), this payment was successful. I checked my account transactions online the next day and it says the first payment of £15 DID leave my account. I have received a text from o2 saying I owe £15.

I've recently had trouble with o2, I was still being charged for my old contract phone that I had paid off in full (which is why I cancelled the direct debit). It took a few months to sort that out, hope it's not going to take months this time. I will call tomorrow but any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem. What a joke.
Message 2 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Call 202 and speak to an actual cs advisor.

DO NOT try to sort this over live chat.

I'd also contact your bank and double check that the payment has been made.
Message 3 of 8

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Just a word of advise whilst getting this sorted, DON'T cancel your Direct Debit as this could create an unpaid mark on your credit record which could affect any future credit requests such as a mortgage
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and @Anonymous you really need to persevere with this via O2 CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

It pays to have all the facts before you when you phone them......and make sure you have evidence from your bank to hand....Keep on trying....if all else fails you may wish to make a complaint

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Everyone agrees to pay by direct debit when you start the contract.
If you then choose to cancel it you have to accept that your payments will have to be processed manually and will take longer to appear on your account, therefore you should be paying earlier to avoid a late payment, or re-instate the DD.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Normally a debit card payment takes 2 days to clear your bank and credit your O2 account even though the money is taken straight away from your available funds. For your own peace of mind reinstate the direct debit. It was set up in the first instance to save you the hassle of manual payments. I can never understand the reasons for cancelling. Control? The due amount is available 2 weeks before the direct debit is taken, plenty of time for any dispute to be taken up with customer service. 

Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Cancelling the direct debit is likely to be the cause of this problem, as the same one would probably have been used for the new payment.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8