cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old phone - help required as PUK code not working.

JuRadio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.   I have an old Galaxy A3 2016 that appears locked to O2.   I have put in a new sim for another operator but the phone says network locked.   As such I followed the online instructions for unlocking it and the O2 auto system reply sent an 8 digit PUK code, which has not worked.  I have since filled in the online form with the required details  IMEI etc  but the reply back today from O2  below:-

Thank you for your unlatching request for IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The mobile number that you provided is 078*****.

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your device at this time.

The reason given is:

You have not passed our security checks with the detail you have given us.Please check you have provided the correct information and then resend the form.

Thank you,

O2 Customer Service

I replied back to the email but received the message below 

Hello,

Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service.

Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you are online just click here https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=AF575778A6A74C05

to start chatting.

Or, if you are reading this on your Smartphone, start a chat by clicking on the link below:

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

We've put lots of answers to your frequently asked questions online. Why not visit our online help centre at: www.o2.co.uk/help

You can also find help, share tips and chat on our Community: http://community.o2.co.uk/

Did you know you can manage your account online at My O2? Just click: http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

With My O2, you can view your bill, check your recent charges and allowances, add data bolt ons, see when your upgrade is due.

If your phone's been lost or stolen give us a ring on 0344 809 0202, so that we can stop any unauthorised use of it.

Thanks

O2 Customer Service

Needless to say, I'm going round in circles and can't get any further.  The PUK code may have been tried more than 3 times, hence it may require a master unlock.  Be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Julian 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

camajin20
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2@Marjo,

Would you be able to help me with the same problem? The unlatching code I received through speaking to customer services today has not worked. I tried it twice.

Thank you!

Message 11 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @camajin20 , sorry to hear you've been struggling to unlock your phone. 😞 What make and model is it?

Message 12 of 14

camajin20
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo,

My phone is a Samsung S8+. I think it is the same problem as this thread. I spoke to O2 customer services and they sent me the email below (I deleted the actual numbers). I tried the number twice and it has not worked.

I think I locked my device last year when I was in Hong Kong and tried to use a local sim. The local network store tried several times and couldn't get the sim to work in the phone (even though I was told before going to Hong Kong by O2 that my device was not locked to their network). I think in that process the employee there may have entered an incorrect number several times.

Would you be able to help with getting a master code if this sounds like the problem?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

Your unlatching request has been completed. Unlatching instructions :

The code you require for IMEI ------------------ is as follows :

58XXXXXX 

Unlatching a Samsung device :
 Insert another network active SIM in the handset.
 This should ask for a code.
 Input the 8 digit unlock code when requested.
 The device will now be unlocked.

Note: If the unlocking code is entered incorrectly 3 times the device
will be locked.

Thank you,

O2 Customer Service

Message 13 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I will drop you a private message shortly to get a few additional details and we can get a team on our end to help you get a code. slight_smile 

Message 14 of 14