cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code fiasco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I'm posting here due to the Kafka-esque experience that I'm having trying to get my unlock code. My contract has come to an end.

I've contacted the service desk 6 times, and each time I get promises made and promised broken. A rep promised my code within 24hours. No code. One manager promised a call back within 48hrs. No call. Another manager promised a call back every day at a certain time until I got my code. No call. I've received an email from o2 4 times stating that they cannot provide my unlock code and require further information. The information has been provided countless times now.

Each time I speak to a different person, reading the same script. Whenever I get to speak to a "manager" I get the same broken promises each time.

It's been almost a month of constant engagement with the same broken process.

Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone who isn't following a script on a screen?

Regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've not used it on O2 ever then they won't unlatch it I'm afraid.

You have to use it in the network ref the reasons I gave earlier.
Message 41 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I go on the Hotukdeal's website and lots of people have bought through the refresh deals and had the phones unlocked without putting the O2 sim in. I'm probably just unlucky lol slight_frown   should i just put any O2 sim in cos with me cancelling the Airtime contract the original sim no longer works.

Message 42 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could put a payg sim in but you will have to pay £15 to unlock
Message 43 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help guys.. I'll ring them tomorrow to see whats going on.

Message 44 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Message 45 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funnily enough just got another email from O2 saying they have again requested the code from Samsung. Heyho I won't hold my breath.

Message 46 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an email from the unlatching team telling me the phone was not purchased from O2 !!!!!!! even though the purchase is showing on their system. Was promised an exchange today. Guess what....didn't turn up. The wife stayed in all day so we did not miss the exchange. Yet another wasted day.

Message 47 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
You haven't used the phone on the Network have you ?
Message 48 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Phone isn't locked - It may also be faulty but it sure ain't locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 49 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried a vodaphone sim...a giffgaff one and an O2 one..none of them told me the phone was locked just no signal on either of them just saying no network conection. I  phoned them on Tuesday they said they would exchange the phone today and phone me on Monday to see how the delivery went. Should be fun.

Message 50 of 61