cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got very a simple Samsung keystone2 to replace old Galaxy which kept running out of juice. I can call and receive voice calls and receive texts, but unable to send a text. Just says "unable to send message". Anyone know what the problem is?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it will, as I said above and hence the reason for obtaining the correct sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Usually it's the message centre number that's wrong.

For customers on the Pay & Go™ tariffs, your message centre number is +447802092035.

For all other O2 customers, pay Monthly tariffs, your message centre number is +447802000332.

Have you changed sim card? Make sure you have the correct one...

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is a message centre? do I have to call them? I got sent a new SIM card.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The message centre number is in the sms settings and should be automatically picked up off the sim card.
If you have the wrong sim you won't be able to change the number permanently as everytime you start the phone it will reset.
PAYG and contract sims are different so you need to make sure yours is correct for your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! Thank you very much for your help, the number ...332 is in settings, applications, messages, text messages, sending options, scroll down to service centre....I will try to change ....
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes this time the message went out! Thanks very much for your help.
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So if you are PAYG you have the wrong sim.
You need to call CS to get the correct one sent out http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your advice. Managed to change the number on the phone, but will it revert if I turn the phone off?
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it will, as I said above and hence the reason for obtaining the correct sim card.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I will have to contact to get a replacement.....
Message 10 of 11