Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send sms

Shelley83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have just got a sim only contract for my son who is having an old iPhone of mine (I selected I would be using an iPhone when getting the sim) he can send a message via iMessage to those who can receive them but is unable to send a message to anyone not with an iPhone. The setting for ‘send as sms’ is on but there is no option when you press the red ! next to a failed message to ‘send as sms’ which I have on mine. I’ve cross checked all his settings with mine and they are set up the same and I don’t understand why he can only send a text as an iMessage? Anyone know? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Shelley83 

See help here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C... particularly the message centre number which for a contract sim should be +447802000332.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Shelley83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I tried all this earlier but it’s still not working. I think I will have to call tomorrow
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Can you send an sms to the same number and are all non iPhone numbers the same?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Shelley83 , as it's been a couple of days, it would be great to hear how you're getting on with this - is your son able to send SMS now or still experiencing issues with it?

Cheers for the troubleshooting, @MI5  thumbsup

Message 5 of 6

Shelley83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, I’m going to phone O2 tonight when I get home from work. I can’t work it out at all.
Message 6 of 6