Did you mean: 

Two tariffs

MP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there!

I recently upgraded to a new phone, with a new tariff and new number. However my old number still seems to be in use and I have to pay for the next bill. Does anyone know why I am still paying for the old one and when will it end?
Thanks
M
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@MP1
Hi if you have finished with your phone payment plan for your old contract you can cancel the old tariff and swap your number so that you will use the new tariff only.
Contact customer service for more support
All numbers are in this guide
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
They can usually cancel one of the tariff so that you pay for one only. You can decide to keep your old number or discard it

I hope this helps
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @MP1 

Was your old contract fully paid off before you upgraded?

If not, then you would have taken out a second contract. To upgrade, the old device needs to be paid in full.

You need to contact O2 to sort this for you.

All contact numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support  and Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Occasionally some people make a mistake when they think they are upgrading. They fail to choose the upgrade option and the system thinks they are purchasing a 2nd device

Only O2 can sort this for you.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3