cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number (o2 to o2)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

On Tuesday the 3rd March I paid off my o2 contract which I signed in July 2013.  On the same day I took out a new contract with o2 via the Carphone Warehouse for a new IPhone 6.  That evening I asked an o2 Chat Representative to switch my original number over to my new contract and iPhone 6.  They said this would take 24 hours.  Unfortunately this did not happen.  So on Tuesday evening I asked another o2 Chat representative to carry out this request.  They said this would take 24 hours.  Again, this did not happen. So on Wednesday afternoon I asked another o2 Chat representative to carry out this request.  They said this would take 24 hours, and also told me there was no record of my previous requests. Unfortunately once again the number transfer did not happen.  The same happened again on Thursday & Friday.  Then on Saturday I got an e-mail from o2 saying that there was an outstanding phone plan on my original July 2013 account that needed paying off before the number transfer could take place.  So on Monday 9th March I logged on to o2 Chat once again where I was told that the e-mail was infact a mistake and I had indeed paid the remaining balance off on Tuesday 3rd March.  I was also informed that in 24 hrs my number would be transferred.  But once again this didn’t happen.  Same story again yesterday.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here could enlighten me as to what the problem might be?  I really can’t be bothered logging back on to o2 Chat and going through the usual rigmarole…  I estimate I have wasted 5 hours of my life on it over the past week.  To me it seems that there must be some problem here that needs resolving, and I know o2 Chat will just promise me that they will log my request and it ‘will definitely be sorted in 24 hrs’… and I will have wasted yet another lunch break.

Cheers!

Ross

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The moral of the story,
Don't use chat, call 202

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did you take out a new contract and not just upgrade your existing contract?

I assume the issues your having are to do with the internal migration of your number between your old account and the new. You could get a PAC for your old number, port it to a another network for 24 hours then port it back to O2, that way you know the number has definitely left your old account.

Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The moral of the story,
Don't use chat, call 202
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, seems a bit comlpicated then. Thanks for the response.

CWH were offering 5G data for the same price o2 were offering me 2G and ive been going over my allowance for months and was fed up paying more for 'bolt ons'. So i just traded in my 5 and used it to pay off the old contract and bought the 6 for £95.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok that make sense!

Personally I would avoid Livechat for this......just keep calling and eventually they may be able to rectify it.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Simply call 202 to get the issue resolved. Live chat are useless in respect of account issues.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
202 haven't been much help either. I'm still within the 14 days 'change your mind period'. I have been using the phone so doubt I could take that back, but is it possible to get out of the other part of the contract and just move to another network? So I'd be paying o2 for the phone but another network for the sim plan instead? Sounds daft I know, but is that possible ? Seeing as it might be easier to move the number to another network ...
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 149260 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28491 Solutions
That isn't possible with your contract and there is no reason why you can't still cancel if you are within your cooling off period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It doesn't matter if the phone's been used. As long you return everything boxed up, you just pay for whatever usage you have had.

Message 9 of 9