Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from lost phone

Cancer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I need some help. I had a Samsung s9. Last week I lost it. I’ve had to get a replacement phone- an iPhone- and get a replacement sim for my number. I’ve activated the sim but I don’t have any of my contacts, do they not automatically come over? Also, I am trying to retrieve my payment WhatsApp but when I try to register my number it is asking for an Apple ID (which I’ve never had), so is it not possible to retrieve my chats etc because it was an Android before?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cancer 

If your contacts were on Google, you should be able to add your Google account and import your contacts.

Apples "move to ios" app may be helpful too but not too sure without your old phone.

Certainly there's no way I can think of to transfer WhatsApp chats and settings without your old phone to take a backup from, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cancer 

If your contacts were on Google, you should be able to add your Google account and import your contacts.

Apples "move to ios" app may be helpful too but not too sure without your old phone.

Certainly there's no way I can think of to transfer WhatsApp chats and settings without your old phone to take a backup from, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi, @Cancer,
Unfortunately, to date, there is no way of moving your Whatsapp data, especially with the phone being lost, as iPhone Cloud does not talk to Google Drive.
To transfer your other data, use the link below.
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/move-android-to-iphone-3459466/ I'm sorry I can't be any more help to you.
signature
Message 3 of 3