Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership

Wdrwbk-b-8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to retrieve my old number, after having set up a new o2 contract in my name as my phone was stolen, as I am unable to access my work platforms or banking without this number. This number was previously under my mums o2 contract.

She requested transfer of ownership Thurs morning (after system down Wed) and I rang to request takeover as advised and was informed this would take 24 hours.

Rang back Fri after this didn't happen and they resubmitted the request and weren't sure why it hadn't processed.

Went to o2 shop Sat and they weren't able to fix the issue. They asked me to call while in the shop and I was told that the process would be actioned by Monday morning as the transfers don't get actioned on a weekend - I had not previously been told this.

I've now been on the phone twice this morning and been hung up initially as I made it through the call queue, and now have been on the phone 55mins with a customer service member with no progress.

I was told to wait for a text confirming the transfer, and asked for confirmation on how long this would be and they stated "as soon as I've submitted this form". It's now been half an hour. 

I kept being asked if I'm on o2 after giving all my details and passwords, if the old account holder is in the room, and which of the two numbers I want to keep. I was constantly repeating myself.

I can't submit a complaint as the platform is down. I can't use the webchat as this is down. I can't edit my account details on myo2.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@O2Sarah- ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

O2Sarah-
Former Staff
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Wdrwbk-b-8 I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 3 of 5

MellieC
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this get resolved? Having the same issue 

Message 4 of 5

RyanCFC
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics