Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number to O2

rickygou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is not clear how to transfer number to O2. The new SIM card arrived with an new number. Th website is not helpful finding how to transfer. The contact number has automatic menus only. Just walking in circles.

I've filled a form to transfer with PAC code in order to join O2. Although the SIM card came with an random number.

Is that any link how to activate my number?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@rickygou 

As I mentioned above, for some reason (and we can only speculate) they aren't been done upfront.

Sending the form again is the alternative to trying to call, which is difficult too right now.

Your security is likely failing because you are using your password as answer to the security question, when in fact it required the security word you set in your MyO2.

You can also reset this in your MyO2 if you have forgotten it. It's in "your details".

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@rickygou 

For some reason, these transfers seem not to be being done upfront, so you'll need to resend the form now you have your sim https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@rickygou 

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

To contact o2 use any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

rickygou
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've filled a form to transfer with PAC code in order to join O2. Although the SIM card came with an random number.

The link sent by Cleoriff always returns that the request could not be completed security checks incorrect and the number 202 has noone to talk with.

If the SIM card arrived, it was supposed to be done, right? Why do I have to fill the same information again?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@rickygou 

As I mentioned above, for some reason (and we can only speculate) they aren't been done upfront.

Sending the form again is the alternative to trying to call, which is difficult too right now.

Your security is likely failing because you are using your password as answer to the security question, when in fact it required the security word you set in your MyO2.

You can also reset this in your MyO2 if you have forgotten it. It's in "your details".

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

rickygou
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All sorted guys, thank you. After the reset from MI5, My request has been done.

Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You're welcome mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7