cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a career and a Response Pastor I have to keep my phone by my bedside.  How can I prevent O2 from sending me texts in the middle of the night - thereby waking me up unnecessarily?

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can only change your marketing preferences in My O2 and send a response to the number it tells you in the texts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can only change your marketing preferences in My O2 and send a response to the number it tells you in the texts.

Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Call cs and ask them to stop sending you any marketing texts or communications http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Not sure what country the texts are generated from but they always seem to come in about 4-5am. Most annoying. I don't get them now on contract but when on PAYG they were very very annoying!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
They're just computer generated and they never sleep - the only way to prevent the harassment is to opt out, which if any company actually cared for their customers would be the default setting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

What annoys me is that someone has to programme the computer in the first place..

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
They do, but when is the right time to send them - in the day would annoy someone who works nights - simple answer is don't send unless the customers ask for them.
Message 8 of 23

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

Why can't the numbers being used to send those texts be blocked like any other number?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
I assume they can be if the phone has that capability or an app installed to do it.
Message 10 of 23