cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering with Ipad on pay monthly sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help please as support just not seem to get it, I got a 24mth contract phone and contract, after 2 mths I did not want the phone but wanted to put the sim in my Ipad3, did this and works great since June 2012, every now and then APN needs changing for right APN but everything great. I want to use tethering but it tells me to contact O2, I tried this and let's say after chats one on one with people telling me that a phone sim in an IPad does not work (even though I am sat in a field using 3G on my iPad to chat).

Anyway long and short can I tether from my IPAD 3 with a pay monthly SIM card inserted which is fully working for data.

Any help appreciated as if not I guess will just go find a provider like EE or Orange which does allow this out of the box.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You need a specific ipad sim card with an appropriate data bundle.

The fact that what your doing actually works sporadically is not the point.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should work with the right APN, it's only like using an iPhone as a personal hotspot. What APN are you entering? idata.o2.co.uk or mobile.o2.co.uk? Also what phone did you originally take with plan and have you ever called to change tariff?

Message 3 of 3