cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking out a Pay Monthly sim for the first time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I recently took out a contract with o2  and because I had no credit history they had a deposite of £150 which they said I would get back in 3 months. I'd just like to know what this means if I went over my bill or if I delayed a payment would this affect getting my deposite back? thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

explained in the t&C

5.20 We may require a deposit before we'll give you access to the Service or before we'll continue to provide the Service to you. We may hold this deposit until you've paid all sums that you owe us under this Agreement. If you owe us money, we may use the deposit to settle or part-settle what you owe us. We'll refund any deposit we're still holding (if you ask) on termination of this Agreement or, if you ask, after three months of continuous on-time bill payments. If you don't ask for the deposit back, it will be added as a credit to your account. We won't pay any interest on any deposit we hold.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

explained in the t&C

5.20 We may require a deposit before we'll give you access to the Service or before we'll continue to provide the Service to you. We may hold this deposit until you've paid all sums that you owe us under this Agreement. If you owe us money, we may use the deposit to settle or part-settle what you owe us. We'll refund any deposit we're still holding (if you ask) on termination of this Agreement or, if you ask, after three months of continuous on-time bill payments. If you don't ask for the deposit back, it will be added as a credit to your account. We won't pay any interest on any deposit we hold.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it would delay it as you won't have made the necessary consecutive payments as required 

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Late payments do affect the refund but going over your allowance won't as long as you make full payment every month. If you have a direct debit you won't have a problem. 

Three payments on time in full for 3 months means your account will be credited on your 4th bill. At this stage you can either leave it to pay future bills or request it be paid back to your.bank account. 

Message 4 of 4