Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO PHONE NUMBERS ON ONE PHONE?

MOOSEMAN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it possible to have two numbers on one phone? I am setting up a new business with a new phone number and possibly selling the old business so I want to receive calls for both businesses without the hassle of having two phones, also I will want to sell the old business at a later date(along with the old phone number).

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MOOSEMAN

As far as I am aware, that would only be feasible if you had a dual sim phone. If not then no, it can't be done.

You best bet is to buy a cheap PAYG phone for your new business, until such time as you are ready to sell the old business with the old number.

Then you could move to a contract with your new number.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MOOSEMAN

As far as I am aware, that would only be feasible if you had a dual sim phone. If not then no, it can't be done.

You best bet is to buy a cheap PAYG phone for your new business, until such time as you are ready to sell the old business with the old number.

Then you could move to a contract with your new number.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MOOSEMAN I would agree with @Cleoriff. I have a dual sim phone with sims from two different networks. If you look on Amazon, Motorola makes very good dual sim phones, and the second slot can take either a sim or an SD card, so when you're done with using your original number and sell it, you can use the slot for storage rather than the second sim. I only suggest Motorola because that's what I have and it works very well. There are other phones that have dual sim capability too, but I can't vouch for them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

The latest iPhones support this (XS/XS Max or XR) but one of the lines will need to be on EE as they use eSIM technology for the 2nd line and currently only EE support this in the UK

Full guide can be found at https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/iPhone-XS-XS-Max-XR-Dual-Sim-Guide/ba-p/1175893

Message 4 of 4