cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching tarriffs. How does it work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Hope someone can answer my question as it hasn't been made clear how the switchover will work. Basically I have just signed a new online contract agreement with O2 for a brand new 4G sim and Xperia Z1 + 5GB Internet + unlimited Calls & Texts for £27 a month. I should receive that on the 20th of September.

I am still on a rolling monthly contract however. A 3G simplicity one which cost me £22 a month. My next bill date is the 18th of September. Will O2 cancel this tariff once my new once begins? Will the 18th be the last bill of my old tarriff? Do I have to cancel the tarriff on my own by calling O2? I'm not sure how it works?

Also can I am paying £20 a month extra for the phone. Can I pay this off quicker if I want too?

Thanks,

Steve

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94000 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Then you need to cancel your present contract. If you had upgraded then the change over would be done automatically.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 94000 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a new 24 month contract.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 94000 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Then you need to cancel your present contract. If you had upgraded then the change over would be done automatically.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for the info. Do you know if I will be able to pay the phone off quicker? Maybe pay an extra £100 a month every so often?
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh one more thing. Will my current number be transfered over to the new contract? Thanks again.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh one more thing. Will my current number be transfered over to the new contract? Thanks again.

Speak to 02 on 202 who will help you with this request.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks for the info. Do you know if I will be able to pay the phone off quicker? Maybe pay an extra £100 a month every so often?

Heres more info.

"

Can I settle my credit agreement early?

Yes. You can settle your credit agreement partially or in full at any time by giving us notice and making a payment on your Phone Plan. If you wish to settle early you should contact us on 202 free from your mobile for a final settlement figure and we can take your payment over the phone.

"

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/frequent-questions

Message 8 of 8