I've been looking at pre-ordering the S4 but, I've already got a contract.
I can upgrade on April 30th and that would be fine if I hadn't broken my phone.
The situation gets worse because I'm going away for 3 weeks on the 29th but will NEED a phone.
So, my question is, if I pre-order the S4 and cancel my current contract will I be able to transfer my current number to my new contract?
Also, if I cancel my contract (which ends on 29th May) when my S4 arrives, would it just be my 2 monthly payments left or would I still have to pay a cancelation fee too?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the quick reply
So, what you're saying is, to transfer my number to my new contract I'd have to get the S4 at the end of my current contract?
If that's the case I'd probably be better borrowing an old phone from someone for my trip and just upgrading to the S4 on my current contract.
This isn’t ideal for me since I'm not sure if I'd get the same deal as I would pre-ordering it.
When I upgraded from iPhone 3g to 4 I found out a few days later that I got a much worse deal than my friends that pre-ordered.
I really like being on O2, I just don't want them to screw me over on an upgrade again.
No, I meant cancel current and take new contract on the same day, otherwise you have nowhere to hold your number unless you switch it to a PAYG SIM and then transfer it back a again to your contract.
If it is definitely the S4 you want and you want to stay with o2, then there is no point in cancelling your contract to take out a new one and transfer your number across. That makes no sense at all.
All you need to do is upgrade to the phone and tariff you want. This way there is no need for a number change or anything like that. And this also means you can do it all online if you are good with the website. Log in. Upgrade online. Wait for handset to arrive.
If you are going on holiday though when you want to upgrade, I recommend upgrading when you come home and just use a cheap phone while on holiday.
Its the timing issue we are trying to work around, unless O2 are prepared to allow the upgrade 4 days early....?