Switching Mobile Numbers

Jon-Jo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all staying safe!

I'm just wondering, I've just switched from pay as you go, to a pay monthly phone (a completely different phone) and my SIM has had to change (I'm assuming it had to). So my number has changed. I didnt want to change my number and have tried searching the o2 website for some kind of help, but none of the help available makes any sense to me. I've tried it all, but it doesn't seem to work. I've not switched networks, I've stayed on o2...can anyone help?

Id be really grateful!

-Jon-Jo
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Jon-Jo 

Follow this advice

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

OR

Contact O2 and ask the to transfer your number to your new account.

All numbers to call are here in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Jon-Jo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Cleoriff,

I've done the first one...i did it about a week or two ago and I've had no joy. I didnt receive a PAC number, so didn't input anything into that box, but filled in every other box. I read on the link that you sent (the second one) that these are taking a while to do? Could that just be the issue here? Its almost closing in on 3 weeks since I first filled the form in, but with the current situation, I'm assuming that this is the reason its taking longer? I'm just completely in the dark, I don't know if there's something else I need to do or not!

Thanks for your swift reply 😀
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Jon-Jo 

You need to contact O2 and ask them to transfer your number over. It will be a long wait but its the best way to do it. All numbers to call are in this list. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Need to persevere and be patient. Sorry.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Jon-Jo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No need to apologise, aha. It's just one of those things! Can't expect everything to run like normal when the world is going mad! Thanks for your help! slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Jon-Jo  You are most welcome.

Best of luck and stay safe. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6