Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support issues porting number

CPACProblem
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m trying to port my number to a new O2 sim only pay monthly plan. 

I’ve tried contacting support and I was in a discussion and now all I’m getting repeatedly is :

“Sorry, we're extremely busy right now, so I can't put you through. If you would like to try again later, I'll check our agent availability again. Here’s a link with a range of articles available that may help with your query - https://www.o2.co.uk/help”

I genuinely don’t know if my number is being ported or not at this stage as I’ve given my PAC twice. Once at signup and once again on the chat. Even then they wanted to send me a new SIM, even though I’d literally just activated the one they just sent in the post. 

To be honest, I might just cancel the contract and go with EE as I’m within 14 days. I can’t get in touch with anyone, so I’m paying for nothing. 

I’m completely stuck. Anyone got any ideas before I start the cancellation process?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@CPACProblem 

Give customer services a call on 0344 809 0202 and they will be able to find out what is happening, as the code may have been rejected by the donor network, for non payment, contract issues, or security checks, or its just failed validation by the donor network. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@CPACProblem 

Give customer services a call on 0344 809 0202 and they will be able to find out what is happening, as the code may have been rejected by the donor network, for non payment, contract issues, or security checks, or its just failed validation by the donor network. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

CPACProblem
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I managed to get through to support via cancellations in the end. 

A very helpful lady told me the porting was already underway, completion tomorrow which is great.  Not sure why the chat was so confused about it. 

all sorted 👍🏻

Message 3 of 6

Joe97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been waiting 8 days for my number to go over. Keep being told 24 hours and it still doesn't work. Joke.

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Being told 24 hours is just an excuse to get you off the line.

I doubt nothing will happen now until next week as transfers dont go through on weekends

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7695 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Joe97 

Has your problem been resolved or is it still ongoing ? 

Message 6 of 6