cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop data on teens phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know how I can stop my teen from using data outside the home....it's costing way to much...he only has a £10.50 contract which allows him minutes and txts. He can access wifi at home, however when he's outside he is connecting which I have told him NOT TO DO!!

Ta fionn
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi there.

I take it you do not have a data bolt on which is costing you £1 per day.

Options are:

• Add a data bolt on from as little as £3 per month to allow your teen to access the internet when out and about.

• Turn off data on the phone, depending on the phone, options > settings > wirless / cellular and look for data enabled and untick the box however your teen could quite easily re-enable this.

• Call up and ask for GPRS to be removed from the account, this physically restricts the sim card from accessing the data network.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi there.

I take it you do not have a data bolt on which is costing you £1 per day.

Options are:

• Add a data bolt on from as little as £3 per month to allow your teen to access the internet when out and about.

• Turn off data on the phone, depending on the phone, options > settings > wirless / cellular and look for data enabled and untick the box however your teen could quite easily re-enable this.

• Call up and ask for GPRS to be removed from the account, this physically restricts the sim card from accessing the data network.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

If he is on one of the older £10.50 deals (specifically if it is a sim-only deal) it could be eligible for renewal. If so that could be an option for you, even our cheapest £11 tariffs come with the internet included now.

If not then version7's advice is spot on.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 3