Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 II - pre-order shambles

Sensination
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pre-ordered on O2 website on the 4th, 22 minutes after it went live and was told that its OUT OF STOCK, I'm not getting it anytime soon and it will be a long wait 😞 People who ordered theirs on 5th, 6th, 7th or even later already got it delivered today. Customer Service on Twitter blantantly lied to me it's "1st come, 1st served" basis.

Called O2 three times, around 8:15am, at 9:10am and 10:20am today and got three different stories:

• 1st time: was told its OOS and I should wait for more info, nothing can be done.

• 2nd time: Was told it's IN STOCK and rep told me he placed a new order for me. Straight after the call I got a text from O2 saying:

"Sorry it's taking longer than we hoped to send your order. We're still expecting more stock soon. We'll text you again as soon as we have delivery date."

• 3rd time: Apparently the guy I spoke to 2nd time blantantly lied to me as system 100% shows its OOS and he also lied to me that he placed another order as nothing was placed. I was told again that they don't know when it will be in stock.

My card was charged a week ago and I'm told it's normal and I need to wait probably three weeks.

Why did O2 not allocate stock properly?

What about headphones bonus? Will I even be able to claim them if I get my phine in three weeks or there will be nothing left?

Reddit thread about the issue 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

• 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same thing, pre-ordered on the 4th and received a text today saying it's out of stock...
Message 2 of 3

ReflectivShadow
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not had the best experience either this morning.

First call to customer service, They said that it was it's out of stock and not their problem.

They then passed me onto someone else and they decided to hang up.

Then after calling up again, the third person said that it should have come today but couldn't give any any answer or even the slightest detail about what was happening .

Bit worrying that nobody seems to have the slightest clue. Surely they shouldn't be taking money and orders if they don't have the stock to actually fulfil the orders. I shouldn't even have to be calling up to find out what's going on.

Message 3 of 3