Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only plan

Stargate
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I’m currently on an O2 sim only unlimited 12M contract. It says I can upgrade today. Iv only been on the contract since November 2019 when I paid off my IPhone. I am looking to upgrade to a new phone. Will I have to pay off the rest of the sim contract or will the sim automatically be put on the new airtime plan for free. All it says is ‘good news. You can upgrade today’. It doesn’t say if I will need to pay off current plan
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Stargate 

You can upgrade to refresh at anytime without paying off your simo.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Stargate 

You can upgrade to refresh at anytime without paying off your simo.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Stargate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. So, if I were to upgrade right now, would my sim automatically go onto the refresh and I would just put it in my new phone when it arrives. Sorry. This is my first time upgrading from a phone that was on contract😂
Message 3 of 7

Stargate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Or should that be posted as a new question in here?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Stargate 

Yes that is correct.

They may send a new sim in case your new phone needs a different size to what you have, but if it fits, use your current sim.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Stargate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much for your help. I was kinda scared that if I upgraded and got a new phone, I would have to pay for the phone and the airtime bill while also paying off my airtime bill that I get at the minute. You have been a big help😊
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No worries. Enjoy your new phone slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7