Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Du
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got a contact sim card ages ago but I havent inserted it to my phone because I didnt have the money to pay for it I dont want it but 02 is sending me letters saying i owe them money when i havent used it
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Du 

It doesn't matter if you used it or not. Your contract starts from when you receive the sim card.

If it's now beyond 14 days, you have to pay the full cost to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Du
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got a contact sim ages ago but I ahvent interested jt
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Du 

It doesn't matter if you used it or not. Your contract starts from when you receive the sim card.

If it's now beyond 14 days, you have to pay the full cost to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Du  Sorry to say that if, as you said, you made the purchase ages ago, you are responsible to pay the contract for its duration. If you ignore the demands from O2, a negative mark will be put on your credit rating, and you will have difficulty getting credit for anything in the future until the debt is paid. Negative marks on your credit can stay there for six years, so you need to get this sorted as soon as you can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This should all have been explained to you at POS. If you take out a contract on any commodity you need to pay each month whether you use it or not. I wonder why you took out a contract when you thought you couldnt afford it.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Du 

You need to call customer service as soon as possible so they can explain the consequences of not paying and ignoring their demands. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6