cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie here - please be gentle.  Unsure if this is the correct board for my topic.

I have just received my new iPhone 5s (from apple) I have inserted the new nano sim that o2 sent me.  I went to the o2 page to swap my sim but I have to use a text code that is sent to my existing number - the problem being my old iPhone 4s is now up and running with my mum so I can't get the text.

I have been on the live chat and according to them they have no record of the sim being sent out and can not activate it.

They say they will have to send out another one or possibly the shop can help.

Is this really all I can do?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
Yes, you can do it in store.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your quick response

I'm at a loss to understand how o2 could send me a sim but deny knowledge of this - I guess the online process wouldnt have worked either if that is the case 

Message 12 of 23

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
You can't always rely on live chat wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I kind of thought the answer may be wrong so I asked someone else in live chat - they say the same that they never sent me a nano sim, however if I still had my old phone the new one could be activated.  Just need to visit the shop tomorrow and hope it's fixed.  It's like losing a limb when your phone doesn't work

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
Well it must have come from somewhere??

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - I ordered it online and it arrived super quick, however, it isn't showing on the orders on my account 

I have an e-mail confirming that it was on its way although it suggests it was a pay as you go but I'm on pay monthly and the sim I got was in a pamphlet saying the nano sim for pay monthly and business 

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
I ordered a sim over a week ago, not showing in my orders but neither has it arrived yet......

Currently using:
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The e-mail arrived after the sim did!

Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions
Sounds normal wink
Hope you get sorted soon.....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, first time using the forums and very impressed
Message 20 of 23