cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

My current sim is Pay as you Go. Got my new Pay monthly phone and went onto the website and used the 'Keep My Number' option to transfer to the new Sim. It's been over 24 hours now and current Sim on my Pay as you go phone (old phone), is still functioning. I haven't done anything with the new sim that came with my new phone e.g. I haven't put it in my new phone until the transfer has happened.  Does anyone know if this is the norm?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your old sim should have been disconnected by now so either call customer service in the morning or try texting SWAP to 20220.

Once the sim has been disconnected, normal practice is to insert the new sim and switch the phone off/on at regular intervals until the sim connects to the network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your old sim should have been disconnected by now so either call customer service in the morning or try texting SWAP to 20220.

Once the sim has been disconnected, normal practice is to insert the new sim and switch the phone off/on at regular intervals until the sim connects to the network.

Message 2 of 2