cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'm at the end of my tether. I live in the centre of a major town, and my signal indoors if often very variable and has been for years - I am loyal to O2 and really did hope they would improve the service here over the years but it's not happening. I have two phones, PAYG and Pay Monthly. Both suffer the same problems despite carrying out the reset/remove and clean sim contacts etc which is advised by customer service.

This afternoon my signal has varied from nothing at all, to SOS, to GSM and occasionally gprs.

I rely on my phones for my business and general security. 

When I look on the map there's only 1 or 2 masts to cover the entire town, in other areas there'll be several times this number.

I'm really quite sick of it.

If I visit my partners house, also in the centre of a town(but a smaller town) he also on O" gets ok signal, but I struggle to get any. I've changed handsets and like i say carried out the maintenance advised but no improvement.

What is going on?I'm really a bit fed up and considering looking using a landline package with BT where my phone will link with VOIP.

I've also travelled to some quite remote places in Europe and always got full 3G signal, even half way up mountains miles away from any towns. What is going on in this country?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to someone in Customer Service yesterday after O2 emailed advising me to speak to the network team on their 0844 number.

Long conversation (he phone me back), he said they'd take note of the ongoing poor signal. I've tried going to 2G and it's not made any difference. He discussed getting a phone which can pick up the 900 frequency which could improve things. He told me my handsets don't pick up this frequency however when I've looked into them further it would appear they do(it's on the specs!). TUGO isn't compatible with my devices.

I'll have to either wait up to another 18 months for 4G in the hope it improves or see if Vodafone are any better(that's the recommended network in my area).

I am convinced it's been getting worse, maybe they'll do something, maybe they won't.

Message 11 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know the new sim helps.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 14

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just a thought, but the SIM only allows or disallows, the device it's in, to access the network. It doesn't have any impact on the quality of signal... you can either attach to the network or you can't.

Message 13 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

Just a thought, but the SIM only allows or disallows, the device it's in, to access the network.

Unless it's faulty.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 14