cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of text messages from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, how the heck do I get O2 to stop sending me several texts a day with 'information' I don't give a stuff about? I already phoned the number to specify I don't want to subscribe to any marketing information, I texted STOP to 81145 and 20502.

For example, the latest message that came in while I was literally just writing this message says "Discount from O2: Thanks for chatting with us yesterday. To say thanks for using our online chat service we are offering 20% off accessories...", etc etc blah blah. For God's sakes, stop sending me incessant messages- I only bought this SIM card to stay in touch with ONE person, and when I hear a text message, I don't want it to be from O2!!!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can opt out in "My O2"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can opt out in "My O2"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went into "My Choices" in "My O2", and despite having opted out of everything by phoning a number a few days ago, yep, there were some ticks for rubbish I couldn't care less about. So I opted out of everything, we'll see how it goes...

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how it goes it should stop now

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, just got another one:

"Hello. I'm Toby, one of the O2 gurus. It's my job to get you started with O2. I'll text you occasionally to help you get the most from your phone..." etc etc blah blah.

How the hell do I make this stop?!?! I don't want condescending 'helpful' messages constantly harassing me from O2.

It's worse than the talking Microsoft paperclip.

I will consider changing to a different SIM card- I only want this account to text message one person- O2 are taking the **bleep**.

Message 5 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's a forum message, change your options in My Settings at the top of this page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Toby is a Guru ???? slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I suppose they could have another Toby. wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Surely there's only ONE Toby !!!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions