Did you mean: 

Sharing data

Supagal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am currently paying for 2 'pay monthly' contracts, one for myself and one for my daughter (both in my name as she is a minor). My plan has 100GB data, and my daughters has 3GB. We want to share my data allowance as she regularly reaches her limit and I have loads leftover. I have tried to set up data sharing, and it says that my plan/device is set up to share, but hers isn't. It tells me to 'update my core data bolt-on' but then when i click on that it just takes me back to a page thats nothing to do with it?!  

I have tried looking through the frequently asked questions but  no joy. 

Does anyone know how to enable the sharing between the devices? 

Any advice greatfully received slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Supagal 

How to here Guide: How to Share Data on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Supagal 

How to here Guide: How to Share Data on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Supagal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, I've clicked on the link and read the article, but unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to 'tick the device i want to share my data with'. 

I log into my O2, and it shows both devices. Mine is a refresh plan and says its set up and ready to share. Underneath my daughters phone shows but it says to enable it to share my data I have to click on the button underneath which says "Update core bolt-on data". I then click on this box and it takes me to an unrelated page of FAQ's (none of which tell me the answer). 

I just don't understand why they make it so complicated!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Supagal 

You need to comvert your daughters tariff to a sharer tariff.

All details are in the link I gave you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4