Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Active 2 Watch And o2 Esim

Chris-K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Iam loosing the plot with o2 I have brought a Samsung active 2 4G watch direct from Samsung have now tried 2 o2 esims via the samsung wearables app both have activated fine as it shows on the watch and also the wearables app that there is an active connection but the watch will just not connect properly surely I have to setup an airtime plan of £5 a month to link with my existing pay monthly contract I have been into the o2 shop twice they say they cannot setup the airtime plan because I did not buy the watch via o2 and I have spoken to 202 who as well have been no help whatsoever all I want is my watch to work what can I do please anyone help as I have ran out of options now as of what I can do the next stage is i will be cancelling her o2 account and also mine and trying another network
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Chris-K 

Poor staff training is far too common these days sadly.

Take this in store and hold their hand through it........

Samsung watch setup.
1. Contact O2 and get them to set up Data and WIFI calling on your Samsung mobile, it's free but needs to be set up to use the watch, no clue why. You can then turn the switch on in setting under connections.

2. If you need an esim the only place to get it now is at an O2 store, don't waste your time calling 202 or going on O2 chat, they won't supply, it's free at the store.

3. If you already have an esim you won't be able to set up your watch just by going through the proces on the Gear app, it'll set up the plan in principle on the phone and watch, but it won't connect to the network so don't waste your time and drive yourself mad. Delete the plan and go to an O2 store.

4. The only way you'll get the watch connected is by going to the O2 store, sitting with the sales person and have them set up the esim and the plan, it's £5 per month for 1gb which is more than enough data.

5. Most store sales people haven't a clue about setting up the Samsung watch 4g, so have them give you the esim, scan the QR code let your phone set up the plan and then have them go into their system as if your purchasing the watch directly from O2, at the bottom of their screen (this is at an O2 strore) there is a box that says set up watch plan, when they press that, it'll allow them to set up a watch data plan, as if you've purchased the watch from O2, very poor set up as their O2 techs have no clue about what they are selling.

6. At that point and after the salesperson puts in all the info from the esim they gave you into their system, it'll take about 10 min for the watch to connect, you'll then need to go into the connection settings on your watch, turn on auto for data, turn on data roaming and then go to the network search setting on the watch and let it the watch search for the network, it'll then register it and your almost there.

7. Next go to your mobile and in settings, advanced, turn on the switch to use your mobile data on other devices, make sure when you turn it on, it shows your Samsung watch at the bottom, tap and another screen comes up showing the watch is connected to your phone.

8. Then reboot your watch and your mobile and your done. Test it by leaving your phone in your home and take a walk, the watch should connect and show the 4g symbol and the mobile calling bars, if you try and make a call and it doesn't work or says connect to blue tooth, go back to step 7, and reboot the phone to make sure it's found the device, i.e. your watch. It will also say at the bottom of the watch, standalone, means your using the watch on it's own.

9. Your done. Just remember you can only get your Samsung Watch 4g connected by getting it done in the O2 store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Chris-K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks for that it's a really detailed one, how did you know all that, in the shop today all they did for me was again scan the qr code the watch does actually come up with connected remotely o2 but hardly ever when it does it works fine on 4g which is odd also they dont sell the active 2 which I have

Thanks alot
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Chris-K 

All Galaxy watch 3 and active 2 are supported so should work regardless.

Step 5 in my post above is the one you need to get them to follow to allow your watch to register fully with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4