cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari mobile scammers!! Soc man

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read lots of reports on here and I tok have been charged £30 this weekend for clicking on a site by mistake. Only clicked on a couple of questions to then receive a text saying that I was going to be charged £30!! O2 currently investigating ...how do these people get away with this!!!
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
klaudia@socman.co.uk this is the email of the person at socman
Message 11 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123025 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
klaudia@socman.co.uk this is the email of the person at socman

Thanks for that address @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

well i hope 02 do more for you than they were able to do for me i got caught with  soc man on Friday and they told me nothing o2 can do as it was a third party site ...... but i just dont understand why o2 noing this is a scam site  they hand over our moneys to them  i also seem on net  ,,,http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-Bill/MobileMagic-SocMan-ImpulsePay-scam/td-p/190375   so its not a new thing  

good luck

charlie 

Message 13 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
All O2 are doing is paying the bill that for all they know you have authorised. It isn't O2's problem at all.
You can request that charge to mobile is turned off to help prevent this but otherwise you need to chase the company that has billed your account for a refund if it was unauthorised.
Phonepayplus can help you with this http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can imagine the complaints we would see if O2 were to ban access to these sites.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I;ve been scammed by safari mobile and they have taken 6 x £9 through my O2 account. Oddly enuf when ive rung them, they are always incredibly busy and have no agents available. The same with call backs - no one ever calls back.

How convenient?

Viewed the source on the email form on the web page -  there doesnt appear to be any '@' sign on the page? Surely the form needs this somewhere on the page to submit the form. Not too technical so I might be wrong. Can the page be submitted to another place and then sent?

Message 16 of 39

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 no longer communicate by email

you need to follow this up with phone pay plus link above .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 39

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous as @adamtemp64 has said this needs to be chased through phone pay plus.

In these circumstances O2 have no liability, they don't make you click through. However on occasion they may credit you. The best time to call is early morning (pre 09:30) you'll usually get through pretty quickly at this time.
Message 18 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope =  you have misunderstood. Im talking about the form on the safari mobile website, not O2's

Message 19 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions