Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swap help?

Lu01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

okay so, i lost my phone (presumably stolen) last Wednesday. i called Customer Service on Thursday to report it so it could be blocked and then decided on Friday to pay off my contract to upgrade. My new phone arrived on Sunday but i wasn’t so much as connecting to the network. i called Customer Service again multiple times on Monday and the last person i spoke to unblocked my lost phone, thinking that would solve the issue. i had no luck for 24hrs so i decided to go into my local O2 store and i got help with a sim swap. i was connected to the network almost immediately after inserting the new sim but calls, texts, data, etc. aren’t working. it’s been over 24hrs now and i’m lost. help?? thank youu

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lu01 

When you report a phone lost, both your account and phone are blocked.

You need to ask customer services to lift the block on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lu01 

When you report a phone lost, both your account and phone are blocked.

You need to ask customer services to lift the block on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2