cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Pre order Tariff changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I pre-ordered a S5 on £48 tariff with 5gb of data the day the pre-orders were open. Launch date comes and o2 have reduced all the tariffs, the tariff i ordered is now £43PM and the £48 tariff now comes with 8GB. It looks like they reduced the handset credit price on refresh from £600 to £480 on refresh this is why the monthly prices have dropped making anyone who pre-ordered pay £120 more for the phone.

How is it fair that a person who pre-orders has to pay more for the phone? the best bit about it is im told to fix this id have to send the phone back cancel the contract then re order and have another phone delivered costing me time and money ! How about you just credit the difference to bring me in line with everyone who didn't pre-order ?

Mark

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark.

Certainly feel your frustration and it's reasonable for anyone to be annoyed.

Of course it's about trade offs here regarding the Tariffs and Discounts.

After doing the maths it's a big decision wether to proceed with O2 or not. Your window of decision is 7 days (cooling off period)

You could escalate to a complaint but take into account they don't have to do anything. This happens I'm afraid.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you totally Mark unfortunately we are all customers on here you will have to take this up with O2 if they won't budge then I would do as they suggest don't be out of pocket
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I agree that this seems poor sales practice Mark. Such is the world in which we live. Unfortunately this

happens in many sectors of commerce. For instance I could purchase a flight or holiday earlier than

someone else, in the hope I get the best deal, only to find others get it cheaper! 

This is pretty much so that 'sellers' can beat their competitors.

However you have been given the option of cancelling and re-ordering to get a better deal, so that would

be the way to go.

Annoying and frustrating but it does seem your only option Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree prices do change but you would of thought that all customers would of been entitled to same launch price, its not as if Ive had the phone for months and the price then dropped i wouldn't be complaining that's business.

To send it back and cancel id then loose my cash back incentives i got for ordering online then re submit a credit check which marks my credit file and then make pointless trips to and from the o2 store i collected my phone from when all they have to do is adjust the plan by applying a credit for the overcharge is madness imagine how much there making by overcharging all the pre-order customers. Im new to o2 moving from orange and my first impressions on how o2 treat there customers is very bad !

Mark

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark.

Certainly feel your frustration and it's reasonable for anyone to be annoyed.

Of course it's about trade offs here regarding the Tariffs and Discounts.

After doing the maths it's a big decision wether to proceed with O2 or not. Your window of decision is 7 days (cooling off period)

You could escalate to a complaint but take into account they don't have to do anything. This happens I'm afraid.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would just cancel it and order again if you get no joy on 202 it's a saving and at the end of the day you've caught it in time
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update i made a formal compaint the day this all happened and this problem has been resloved today, all i was wanting was the same as a new customer was getting nothing more, o2 have gone beyond this to reslove this sitution and im now a happy customer

Mark

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome result @Anonymous

It's good that common sense and just not business sense prevails.

slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really pleased to see o2 listened to your reasonable request and did something about it.

O2 Are improving again in the listening front which is good to hear
Message 10 of 11