Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off contract

Velvetsky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have increased my contract without any notice.  I joined on 17th March and as such never received their emails sent out around 1st March.  I wouldn't expect the contract to increase and if they had given notice would have been within the 14 day return window.

Am I now able to refuse the increase?  Or am I able to return the phone under breach of contract on O2s part?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Velvetsky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funny thing is I've just got off of O2s live chat.  It took about 4 hours to get through but ended up talking to a lovely lady who AGREED that they had failed to contact me individually to advise of the price increase as they were supposed to.  They're unable to alter the prices but have added a £3 a month discount to my account, putting me back roughly where I should be. Its always worth asking and in this case worth persevering.  Shame the keyboard warriors on here didn't suggest this as a first response rather than acting like spoilt children.

Message 11 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11643 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3165 Solutions

@Velvetsky wrote:

"Networks are obligated to give customers at least 30 days’ notice of any price increases. So ,they’ll usually announce price rises in January or February."

So let's try this again and try and get a sensible reply this time.  This is the legal definition regarding RPI price increases, so does anyone know what happens when the companies fail to comply with this legislation?

You agreed and signed to accept the terms and conditions, which YOU obviously failed to read..  And they no longer need to inform you within 30days as it is built into the T&C's you failed to read

I read it as I want out of my contract, as failed basic comprehension and understand what I was signing up to

So to answer question NO  you can not refuse and the fact it has taken you 3 months to complain means legally you have accepted the price change.. 

To cancel your contract then you will need to pay off your Device Plan in full..  

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 12