cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned defect phone and contract cancelled in 14 day period. Now forwarded on to debt collector

Butcha003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last November I took out a new phone contract with O2, unfortunately the device turned out to be faulty and they gave me the option to have a replacement or end the contract as I was within the 14 day window. I opted to end the contract as I had lost faith in the device and the offers on alternative phones I liked had finished. All seemed well, but then I received a letter saying I would be charged the full value of the contract for leaving early. I immediately rang O2 who assured me they would not try take the money out of my account as they indicated they would in the letter. A month later 02 tried taking in excess of 800 pounds out of my account. I have rnag O2 a further 3 times and one website chat, all operators said the issue had been resolved. Then today, I receive another letter stating it's been passed on to debt collectors. Credit rating out the window effecting my current goal of getting a mortgage. Thanks o2

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147989 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@Butcha003 

I'll ask @O2Emma to look into this for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Butcha003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would greatly appreciate that.

Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Butcha003 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 5