Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred

Vky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have placed an order as a new customer for 3 new mobiles for myself and my children. The first 2 were put through fine and the third has been ‘referred’. Can anybody help? Is this the norm? Why not put through the contract through as a whole rather than 3 separate as if the third one is declined I don’t want the other two, if that makes sense?! What are the chances of it being declined? They advise they will contact me in 24 hours to let me know! Thanks in advance V
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
They will be referring you for identity checks to ensure it's not fraudulent activity against you. It's not usual for 3 contracts to be requested at the same time so it's for your safety as much as O2's. Once they are happy with your application they will clear down the request and release your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
They will be referring you for identity checks to ensure it's not fraudulent activity against you. It's not usual for 3 contracts to be requested at the same time so it's for your safety as much as O2's. Once they are happy with your application they will clear down the request and release your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Vky
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply. That makes sense, moving over from Vodafone and always had three devices so just thought it would be straight forward.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Don't worry.
I'm sure all will be fine but O2 are always over cautious with contracts.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Vky
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks 🙂
Message 5 of 5