cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUINED CREDIT RATING! BE CAUTIOUS WHEN o2 Chat AGENTS SAY YOU OWE NOTHING!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is an extract of the complaint letter I will be posting to o2 today Recorded and signed for, and it breifely describes the hell o2 has put me through.

In December, I used your web chat to terminate a couple of accounts that I no longer required. And I was told that there would be no charge. I have included these documents (both o2 Transcripts that say for both accounts that there was no termination fee, and I ask like 3 times to ensure that it is correct).

In June 2015 (last month) I attempted to get a small amount of credit, and was declined. This was very strange, because my credit score last time I checked was over 900.

I signed up to a credit checking agency to check my credit, and discover that o2 have registered 5 late payments to my account. I am still now, after about 6 phone calls and 3-4 emails sorting out this mess. And I hope to have this removed.

I phoned your customer service team, the first person I spoke to was short with me from the start, saying that I owed money, that is why its registered as a late payment, and I told her to read the notes, but she kept insisting that I owed money. I had at this point had enough and had raised my voice. She then patronisingly told me that there was no need to raise my voice, twice. I said she was a stupid Customer service Agent (admittedly anger got the best of me) She then began to shout at me! What happened to the customer is always right? When she shouted at me, I told her the same advice she gave me, “that there is no need to raise your voice” to which she hung up on me. To say I was angry at the point is a huge understatement.

The above shows that o2 simply does not give two thoughts about Customer Service. They have become too big, and don't care about screwing people over.

I have had my credit rating destroyed because of the lack of communication from o2 to myself. I mean why would I check that I owed money, after being told that I owe nothing to terminate!!!!!!! 

I am glad I kept the transcripts, ALWAYS keep your transcripts.

I have also emailed the credit team now that I believe my account has been completely zeroed. 

They have not got back to me! WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE. 

If any o2 employees see this, please could you chase them up?

Don't fall into the same trap I did. After speaking to a chat agent in india, call o2 up to confirm what they have said is true!

Good luck everyone else who is still with this disgusting Company!

I will also be looking to submit my story to that watchdog program, as people need to be made aware.

Regards,

James Orme

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23563 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

We're all customers here too, so all we can do is sympathise. Cold comfort, I'm sure, and a harsh lesson learned. Many of us who are regular contributors here constantly advise not to let Live Chat deal with account related queries. Always best to speak to someone in Customer Service, but the basic rule should be 'trust no one'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 46

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community manager. Please send me a private message (there is a link in my post signature) and we can chat about this to see what can be done.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby,

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

James O.

Message 13 of 46

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Just a few notes about Credit Rating, many agencies will purchase information about people and each time this happens, your CR can actually go down. Thus far, I haven't been refused credit and have no desire to know my credit rating in fear of it being scrutinised and made public to other people. 

I deregistered from the Council's Open Register for this reason, as Telesales and other scruiplous company's can ruin your CR just by requesting your information. In this clandestine world, you can't take chances.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 124331 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

This thread has just confirmed what the regulars say constantly about Live Chat. They seem unable to deal with account based queries. The fact they 'should' be able to... is irrelevant when you see a post like this Smiley Mad Whatever action is taken now... the OPs credit rating is currently ruined....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Despite what we are told about their abilities and the odd success story use them for anything other than simple queries and this is always a risk. To be honest even though transcripts are available it is going to be a lengthy job to get any sort of resolution or satisfaction here.

Message 16 of 46

jonsie
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Despite what we are told about their abilities and the odd success story use them for anything other than simple queries and this is always a risk. To be honest even though transcripts are available it is going to be a lengthy job to get any sort of resolution or satisfaction here.

@Cleoriff wrote:

This thread has just confirmed what the regulars say constantly about Live Chat. They seem unable to deal with account based queries. The fact they 'should' be able to... is irrelevant when you see a post like this Smiley Mad Whatever action is taken now... the OPs credit rating is currently ruined....

Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it will... I believe I should also be compensated for the hours I have spent on this. Disgraceful customer service apart from the odd person.

The ratio of awful, uncaring and rude phone Agents to helpful and understanding is a shocking 1/6. 

Toby is also looking into this for me, which I do appreciate and I hope to have this whole mess sorted before the months end. 

It is a shame that the only way to get any results is to basically moan in every form on a daily basis. 

I have been Emailing, phoning, Facebooking, Twitting and finally now o2 Communinty posting for weeks now (apart from the last one) and I have spent hours per day, getting no where. I think they have litterly only just now cleared both the accounts to zero (recieved an email stating I owe nothing to o2 after one a few days before saying I owe £40 ish, when I actually owe zero).

I will update this forum post with the reply I get from the complaints team, to keep everyone updated, and so that people can see where complaining will get them with o2. (I imagine a fake appology with no compensation offered, and probably a little bit of blaiming me! You know that standard company response....) 

Regards

Message 18 of 46

jonsie
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes, but at least you have a zero balance though the effort and stress would have been too much for some people. Let's hope the credit file is sorted out. In the meantime you can add a note onto your credit file stating that defaults were placed in error and O2 have admitted as such.

Message 19 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have placed that as a note now.

I know, if I was an elderly person, who can only just get to grips with technology, then this could push them over the edge! (Maybe a little dramatic there haha.) And I imagine the next stage is getting a letter through the door from a collection agency? I am surprised I have yet to here from them. Sound like they just like to destroy peoples scores. I have asked on the phone if the account is clear and the CA said yes I think so. What chance do we have!

I am also an IT Engineer. So when I say I recieved no emails from them, I mean it.

Bulk - Nothing, Inbox - Nothing, o2 Folder - nothing, my phone did not ring at all. And it has charge 100% of the time, I never have it out of battery. There is simply no need for this to have got to this level. 

Message 20 of 46